Third Culture Kids and our place in society

เขียนโดย Eva | 10:17

I was asked to speak with another presenter at the 2007 Families in Global Transition Conference in Houston, Texas, which held third culture kids. I had several months to prepare for this wonderful event and it was a fascinating journey of self-discovery same.

I knew that I was a third culture, until I was a child, the book with the same name of the author Ruth Van Reken introduced. E 'was liberating for the language to describe what I thought was an anomaly andIt was reassuring to see how the thought of people with similar experiences.

"A third culture kid (TCK) is a person who has spent a considerable part of his years of development outside of the culture their parents'. TCK builds relationships to all cultures, even if not full ownership of one. Although elements of each culture in the life of the TCK experience the feeling of belonging is considered in relation to other similar contexts. "TCKView seminar materials, interactions, Inc. 1989, 1

Please note that the third culture is not tied to a mixture of two cultures, but as people of the Fund. Global Nomads serves as a generic term for TCKs, adults who have lived abroad, expatriates who are missionaries, military personal and racial / cultural children are also affected by this phenomenon third culture.

The book says that the TCK an expanded view of the world, and sometimes havehave confused loyalty to country. They have a three-dimensional view of the world, and a painful vision of reality. Enjoy cross-cultural enrichment, but may be ignorant of the culture of origin. They are adaptable, mix and is generally less affected. However, the balance can not really cultural, can lead to the identification stage of the anticompetitive behavior and, sometimes, be more affected.

The book highlights these problems for people to be aware and to adoptTCK and TCKs also understand themselves better. Originally, most of the TCK were missionary children, army brats, or children of emigrants abroad.

My mother was from New York City. She was the daughter of an Irish mother and American father of immigrants, a Polish Jew. She met my father in Africa, during his studies at Columbia University. He fell in love, got married and moved to Africa, where he lived for thirty years, until eight returned to the United States. Igrew up in Africa and came to the United States for college, when I was sixteen. My elder sister and brother had similar paths.

Might be bi-racial child. I never thought of myself as black or white. Describe themselves only as a race tend to be an American phenomenon, with which I am not well. However, I realized that the world is outside of these judgments, regardless of how the individual feels.

Sometimes I feelschizophrenic, because part of my brain, personality, taste, thought and perception is one of the American way of life that I live and the desire of others to a life of idyllic base for peace and security, with where I grew up. I feel lonely in this country, I feel very disconnected "from where I come from, and also because it has a very hard job on my part to create awareness in multi-dimensional relations with Africans, Americans, African-Americans as Europeans .

TheProcess of discovering the language for this experience has helped me more comfortable with the difference that I am, and now I have the same cross-cultural train to help others

I discovered that my ability to see the big picture and the desire for peace tied you in my identity TCK. For years I felt like a social misfit who do not fall into a position in any group of people. I am an outgoing person, but I am really happy when I'm alone. Before I realized that I was a TCK, I married a man ofAfrican origin, born and raised in the United States, but went as a child in Africa and came as a teenager. We are both TCKs.

TCK is for you out there who do not know, you're a TCK, you can create a sense of belonging.

TCKs, global nomads are citizens of the world and are the key to global peace. TCKs The Big Picture. If we talk about an American Christian TCK, who lived in a Muslim country, you will find him or her for fear of media presentation of Muslims inUSA. And 'the role of TCKs talk about these issues. TCK empathy with their exposure. You will be able to stand in the shoes of others.

Barack Obama, if he knows it or not, is a TCK. His racial heritage and intercultural education to address a broad vision of world politics. Tiger Woods will not disappear in a pigeon-field home race, and has caused much controversy with this. Kobe Bryant could be a lot of problems if not able to read the signals of the AmericanThe woman wanted to be intimate, because it is grown in Italy. The list is endless.

TCK are also valuable resources for the economy, like globalization, many companies globally. Your company has so many hidden talents capable TCKs do not want to advertise their international context.

For example, if your company wants to outsourcing in India, and you have a TCK for staff who grew up as a missionary child in India is the person who can guide you in yourinternational relations with India and possibly save your company a lot of money. My advice is to check the TCKs in your community, church, organization or company and find out how to use them better. There are many hidden talents out there.

My Links : Pet Supplies Optoma DX617 Projector Lenses Camera

0 ความคิดเห็น