Mai Pen Rai Means Never Mind - A look at the personal Thai Culture

เขียนโดย Eva | 17:19

In 1995, while living in the U.S., they offered me a great job in Thailand. My vision of Thailand was exotic and wild, the jungle, the beach and the temple, but at the same time, I knew nothing about the culture and people.

In preparation for the movement, the company gave me the book "Mai Pen Rai means Never Mind by Carol Hollinger. The book's subtitle" An American woman love story true to the irrepressible humanThailand. "I started, but not in the correct location, and then decided that it would be better if I had formed my opinion and left the book alone.

I just finished reading, 10 years after his departure from Thailand, and I absolutely enjoyed every minute.

Carol Hollinger came to Thailand with her husband in his work, but decided to go and do what they want. Got a job as a lecturer at the best universities in Thailand and had dipped as much contactwith the Thai people, as they could.

He had the good fortune to be able to meet some influential people of Thailand, as well as some of the most important foreigner to be on their greater experience and more significant majority of people, but at every turn, took his opportunity, no matter how I am very strange close and personal with the land, animals, people, history, food, buildings and anything else you can find. Was not discouraged by the weather, fatigue, illness or languageBarriere. He waded or dove into murky water, we ate and drank what she said with her hands and face, listened with his eyes and his heart and he was not universally loved by the Thai respected.

The language of the book the author demonstrates a knowledge of fine words and the books he was reading, that can be brought to the reader a bit 'down, but love the friendly Thai people and their culture is still not clearly communicated.

It takes courage to be guided byConventions and enjoy. Carol Hollinger, appreciated not only in Thailand, that the American public, but it seemed at any time to write this excellent book to enjoy. I found myself smiling at me many times when I read were all nervous about some of the antics of Foreign Affairs of Thailand, while "Acharn" Hollinger watched and laughed inside. Many of these episodes was like my experience in Thailand and elsewhere.

"Mai pen rai" is veryrecommended if you plan to go in Thailand. If not, makes it even more interesting to read and you may need to travel to Thailand and meet these wonderful people from the land of smiles spark.

Related : 40 inch LCD TV

0 ความคิดเห็น