Culture of African history

เขียนโดย Eva | 18:50

For five years in 1970 I lived and worked in Africa, both in Botswana and Ghana. I traveled throughout western Europe, eastern and southern Africa. From this experience I gained this impression from the culture of storytelling in Africa.

History in Africa is holy (this is my capitalization) and the story is woven into the fabric of everyday life. History is not just words in Africa. History is of baskets, textiles, dance, ritual said, and the relationship. A small gesturemight reveal a full body worlds history. I had a tremendous depth and subtly of communication in all the countries I visited. Ordinary interactions have been extraordinary. I remember a woman in the market in Accra, Ghana broke into a spontaneous dance with me, as part of our Storytime.

First, I taught English as a Second Language (ESL) and literature in secondary schools by Peace Corps. My students from Botswana beautiful designs with the stories she wrote to goon, in the school newspaper. Marched story with simplicity and trust, because this was part of their initial training at home.

I must point out the stories as a teaching tool to draw the lines and bridge cultural boundaries. The curriculum I taught was associated with a mixture of English classics such as Shakespeare, Milton and Chaucer with beautiful African books, such as China Achebe's "Things Fall Apart" and "The Beautiful Ones are not yet born."

I am willing to students for two types of surveysThat more or less determines its future, "O" levels or Ordinary level (about the equivalent of late middle school in the U.S.) and "A" levels or college (roughly the equivalent of a high school diploma or the first year of Community College in the United States). My students are pretty good.

In Botswana, one of the books, we studied the "Lamb's Tales from Shakespeare." My students the task of writing scripts for each of these stories and acting out. If you leave this typeAnalysis, the similarities between the classical literature and European history to revive the world.

I went to Botswana for myself after my Peace Corps tour ended in secondary schools and the country was divided into three projects, which involve the parties in history as a powerful tool for everyone.

With the villagers in Gaban Tshwaragano The Craft Center, Puppetry has been a consultant for a team of Popular Culture, and wrote stories and lesson plans for a curriculum of literacy. Working onThese projects have learned the story is the life force that moves the brain, heart and legs to be transmitted. I was a consultant Puppetry simply because I got a puppet in the back of a pickup truck, began to shake his arms and gives him a voice and the lines to speak. The popular theater was built, we work on critical theory of Brazilian educator Paulo Freire.

Community development workers brainstormed critical questions and then we built the story around them, in theater, dance, song performedand puppets. We stopped at the peak of the action of asking the audience: "What would you do now?" These discussions led to work on joint projects in the community. We have developed something similar in the literacy program and we were shown.

I was so from the results that I saw in the other two projects impressed that I started working with puppet shows Tshwaragano to critical events and discussions of situations are difficult to promote any new meetings of risk, such as "Whoturn it is to sweep the floor today? "

I love Africa and their stories. I feel really Africa is the mother of mankind, and certainly the archaeological evidence. In Africa, I felt embraced by this energy Mothering.

Never in my life I have treated in a safe, controlled, supervised care, ... and can be enjoyed just flat out who I am. Africa is a continent not a country, certainly, but I felt that no matter where I went.

Stories difficult and easypainful situations. In Botswana, I remember stories told around a campfire under a sky full of stars piercing the night, our truck broke down in the bush between Maun and Francestown.

In Ghana, I remember the stories in packed to the brim Mammy wagons, which could plunge us into an accident around the corner. But in these two situations, if we would be in danger, we would face as friends, not strangers, and this would be with the strength and gracehistory.

History is the central theme of the celebration and the wire is visible. Peace Corps during the training I went to a village, no outsider had ever lived inside We were curious about each other and expressed through this story. I collected their stories and have created stories and songs to commemorate my visit.

Stories in every language and culture are an asset, for example, our children and their transfer. Africa has a strong story orally, of course, and could perhaps talk toThe impact of technology on their tradition of oral history.

Since the story of setting requires time, and time together, as the desire to transmit a tradition and use our imagination. These are good stories about your family and your people have a sense of continuity between the generations ... through a wire of time and space to offer his life.

I filled a shelf with books from and about Africa. The most important among them are the books of tales from Africa, the wisdom of implementingAncestors in the modern world.

There is a significant discrepancy between the popular stories about Africa ( "It's dark, exotic, and the war torn") and the stories are, I go home I have lived and worked in Africa for five years. Are the popular perception in the United States of Africa as this troubled place (only of war, poverty)-tribal dispute hunger AIDS. Granted to African countries and the African continent have great difficulties and solve problems in order to continue, but for everything I want, how the balancePeople, the beating of the warm heart of Africa to understand that for me, I felt like the essence of being human ... not at all primitive, but very civilized and humane.

Thanks To : DLP Projector Best HDTV Reviews

0 ความคิดเห็น